Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Product Review: Philadelphia Key Lime Cheesecake Filling

I’ve never been able to find key limes anywhere around my area. I’ve tasted authentic key lime pie from Florida, and it is one of my favorite pies. I’ve never made it myself since I can’t find key limes anywhere.

slice

I saw this in the cream cheese section at my supermarket and I decided to try it. It was on sale, and I had a coupon in hand, ready to purchase.

I brought this over to my parent’s place so I can share. There were mixed reviews. Too sour, too sweet, tasted like plastic.

philly key lime cheesecake

I agree, it’s not the best tasting thing in the world, however it comes close. I guess since I love tart things, it tasted fine to me.

graham cracker crust

I made it semi-homemade by making my own graham cracker crust. You can find the recipe here.

I baked the crust in a 350° oven for about 10 minutes. Let it cool, then added the filling.

filling

Spread it into the pan and serve or put in fridge to keep cool.

pie

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Please post below!