Thursday, June 18, 2009

Orange Soy Chicken with Herb Roasted Vegetables

A few years ago, I tried making something along the lines of orange-peanut-soy chicken in the crockpot. I don’t remember where I got it from, and of course, I don’t remember where the recipe is, or if I even saved at all. I had a couple of oranges to use up, so I decided to make something that was similar to what we had probably 3 years ago.

The chicken was nice and tender, but it didn’t really taste like orange at all. It was good, but I might add something extra next time, but don’t know what yet. I also recommend cutting the veggies smaller than I did, because some of it was still quite hard. I had to put the veggies back in the oven for an extra 10 minutes.

orange soy chicken

Orange Soy Chicken with Herb Roasted Vegetables

Ingredients:
1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (about 3 large oranges)
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 chicken quarters (leg and thigh) split at joints
4 stalks celery
1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into pieces
5 potatoes peeled and cut into pieces 
olive oil
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp garlic powder
1 TBSP parsley
salt to taste

Directions:

Pour juice and soy sauce into a zip top bag. Clean and pat dry the chicken. Place in bag, squeeze out excess air, seal, and refrigerate for an hour to marinate, rotating halfway to coat evenly.

Meanwhile, place cut up veggies in a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil. Add seasonings and toss to . Pour veggies in a 9x13 baking pan (I used glass). Place chicken pieces on top of veggies. Discard extra marinade.

Bake in oven at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken is 180° and veggies are tender.

DSC04028copy

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Please post below!