Friday, December 18, 2009

Lemon Pepper Salmon

One of our favorite fish to eat is salmon. However, if we bought it all the time, it can get costly. Most of the time, we make with ginger to get the fishy smell and taste out, but I was out of ginger. I’ve also made it with honey and soy sauce and it’s also tasty.

I recently got the Better Homes and Garden New Cookbook in the mail and quickly glanced through it. I quickly glanced through this recipe for a lemon pepper marinated salmon and noticed that I had all the ingredients needed to make it. It also sound super simple and tasty, so I decided to try it.

Gary seemed enjoy it a lot since the marinade  eliminated the fishiness that’s always lurking around. This recipe had options to use other types of fish as well such as swordfish or halibut. It also had the options to use either lemon or lime, or oregano or thyme. The ingredients below show what I used in this recipe. I also didn’t nearly use as much fresh thyme as the recipe called for, but it was enough for me. I also did not serve with the lime wedges as indicated in the original recipe.

lemon pepper salmon

Lemon Pepper Salmon
adapted from: Better Homes and Garden New Cookbook 14th Edition
printable recipe

ingredients:
1 lb fish steak (salmon, swordfish, or halibut) thawed if frozen
2 TBSP lemon juice
1 TBSP fresh thyme, or 1/2 tsp dried
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
2 cloves garlic, minced
lime wedges (optional)

directions:
Rinse fish and pat dry. In a small bowl, combine ingredients (juice through garlic). Place fish in a zip top bag and add marinade. Turn to coat evenly. Marinate in fridge for 30 minutes to 1 1/2 hours.

Drain fish, reserving marinade. In a broiler pan 4 inches from the flame broil fish for 6-8 minutes on each side, brushing with the reserved marinade halfway through. Discard any remaining marinade. Fish is done when it begins to flake when tested with a fork.

Before serving, squeeze lime juice over the fish.

1 comment :

  1. I just made this! It was delicious! Thanks for sharing. I snapped a couple photos, so I might be blogging it in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Please post below!