Friday, December 10, 2010

Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice

 pumpkin pie spice2

A long while back, I bought a small jar of pumpkin pie spice. My only intention was to use it for pumpkin pie, which I would probably do only once at most twice a year. I don’t remember exactly how much it was, but it must’ve been on sale or something, otherwise I wouldn’t have bought it. Since then, I’ve found recipes that don’t even call for pumpkin pie spice, just a mixture of spices that are pretty much the same as the spice blend.

I actually never got around to using the little jar and ended up throwing away the contents. I did keep the  jar it came with, as well as wrote the ingredients down on the cap so I never forget, although it’s pretty easy. I’m pretty sure I would forget how to make it again next year when the season rolls around once again.

The first time I made it, I ran out of cinnamon so I only had enough to make half. This recipe is easily halved, doubled, tripled, or whatever. Although I don’t think you would ever need that much at one time.

Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
source: Simple Mom

 printable recipe


ingredients:
2 TBSP ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground cloves

directions:
Combine all ingredients in a bag or jar. Shake to combine evenly.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Please post below!