Sunday, February 22, 2009

Baked Turkey Meatballs

turkey meatballs

For a long time, I’ve only used one recipe for meatballs. It was from Kraft. It wasn’t until I saw Alton Brown’s recipe that I decided I need to step away from the extremely easy recipe to something with more flavor. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great basic recipe. However, I didn’t want to compromise the flavor of the meatballs since I was not using cheese, so I used AB’s recipe.

I saw Alton Brown’s recipe and thought I should try it. However, he used ingredients that I didn’t have on hand at the moment, so I improvised. I also tried to keep this dairy free by omitting the parmesan cheese that was added. Although I started off with the Kraft recipe in mind, I think the result was more of a mish mosh of both recipes. End result was a great tasting meatball.


Baked Turkey Meatballs
made by cathy's kitchen journey
inspired by Alton Brown/Food Network and Kraft




ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/4 cup panko or plain bread crumbs
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp dried basil
  • 1 1/2 tsp dried parsley
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • cooking spray

directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
  2. In a bowl, combine all ingredients, except for the cooking spray.
  3. Line a baking sheet with foil, spray with cooking spray.
  4. Shape and roll the meatballs into balls about 1.5" in diameter. Place on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until fully cooked through.
Yield: 15 meatballs



Pin It

7 comments :

  1. i had this recipe the other night it was great . . . i just tripled everything and made about 60 of them . . . thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rajy says delisious yummy meatballs ,healthy, me and my girls enjoyed try worhit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these meatballs! I'm on a meatball kick and these guys got me started with adding in my own fillers, sauces, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these meatballs! I'm on a meatball kick and these guys got me started with adding in my own fillers, sauces, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. rajy says delisious yummy meatballs ,healthy, me and my girls enjoyed try worhit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recipe. I'm like...a cooking fanatic (i'm 13) and i decided that i wanted to make meatballs and wasn't looking for anything too complicated...so this was a gr8 recipe for me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful!  So easy to make and very tasty.  My son who's a picky eater loved them.  I had a craving for them again and am fixing them tonight.  Thanks, again, for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Please post below!