Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips

Adapted from: Kitchen Confit
Made by: Cathy

After my disaster with the pumpkin banana bread last weekend, I wasn't ready to give up. I still wanted bread, whether it were banana or pumpkin, I didn't care.

I had 2 ripe bananas, so I made banana bread.



Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup mashed bananas (original reciped used 3 bananas, I only had 2 on hand)
2 eggs beaten
1 t. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 cup milk
pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon (optional)
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans (I used chocolate chips)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Butter and flour a loaf pan.

2.Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in one bowl and set aside. Cream butter and sugar together. Add in the mashed bananas, eggs and vanilla. Add in the flour mixture. Add in the milk as well as the nutmeg, cinnamon and nuts it needed.

3.Pour mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven and let rest in the pan for 15 minutes. Then remove from pan and let fully cool on a rack.

To freeze - double wrap the loaf in aluminum foil and place in a zip lock plastic bag.


I baked for about 1 hr 20 min. and it was a bit overdone on the edges. It was probably done at 1 hr 10 min. It tasted good, but next time I will add the third banana for a better banana flavor.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Please post below!