Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fishcake and Vegetable Stirfry

Made by: Cathy

Gary’s parents often make fish cake patties. They’re really good and they use it in stirfry all the time. It’s much better than buying the ones in the market that is laden with MSG and all sorts of other stuff you don’t want in your body.

I’ve never made it myself, but when they do make it, I am lucky enough to get some. It’s already fried, so all I have to do is add the vegetables. Now if you can’t get it fresh like I can, it’s perfectly fine to use the packaged ones.

fishcake stirfry

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 small onion, cut in half, then sliced
10 stems asparagus, ends cut off and cut into 1" pieces
5 white mushrooms, sliced
1 stalk celery, diced
1 cooked fishcake patty, sliced
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon oyster sauce
1 teaspoon sugar

Directions:
1. Pour oil into a hot wok or stirfry pan. Add garlic and stir for a couple of seconds.

2. Combine all the vegetables, stirfry for 5-10 minutes, or until onions are opaque. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar.

3. Add in fishcake and stir for another 2 minutes. Stir until everything is incorporated.

4. Remove from heat and serve.

1 comment :

  1. I'm pretty sure I've never had a fishcake. Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Please post below!