Friday, January 30, 2009

Homemade Butter

Adapted from: Dutch Girl Cooking
Made by: Cathy

What’s better than butter? Homemade butter of course! I saw this on Dutch Girl Cooking and had to try it myself. I couldn’t believe it was so easy. I had some heavy cream I wanted to use up, so I made this and then used it for homemade chocolate chip cookies.

butter

Ingredients:
2 cups heavy cream
salt (optional)

Directions:
1. Pour cream into the food processor with the blade attachment.

cream2. Turn on, and watch the magic happen!

3. Butter will be done in 5-10 minutes. There will be leftover buttermilk. Pour out the buttermilk and save for something else. Strain the butter through a fine sieve, cheesecloth, or coffee filter.

Makes about 1 1/4 cups butter and 3/4 cup buttermilk.

You can use the butter immediately, or rinse with cold water before you store. Check out Dutch Girl’s site for her recipe for flavored butter spreads.

2 comments :

  1. Wow! That is awesome. Just another reason why I need a food processor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never even thought of making my own butter. I'm totally going to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Please post below!