Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ground Turkey and Zucchini Pasta

This is one of the staples and quick dishes that we like to make when we’re pressed for time. Before I started exploring different recipes, we had a pasta night at least once a week. It was something simple and easy that even Gary could make. It was great for when I had to work late or when we just didn’t feel like cooking.

I had some zucchini left over, so I added that into the pasta. I don’t think I’ve ever made anything with zucchini before. I don’t think it tastes like much though. I guess that’s why it’s used in brownies and bread.

ground turkey pasta

Ground Turkey and Zucchini Pasta

Ingredients:
olive oil
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 lb ground turkey
1 zucchini, peeled, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced
1 lb whole wheat pasta
salt & pepper to taste
1 jar spaghetti sauce (or homemade)

Directions:
1. In a big pot of water, boil the pasta in salted water as directed on the package. Drain the pasta.

2. Meanwhile, heat up a pan on medium high heat. Add olive oil, onion, garlic and zucchini. Sauté until onion is clear, about 5 minutes.

3. Add ground turkey and brown until cooked thoroughly. Add s&p to taste. Add the sauce, and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in the pasta. Plate and serve.

Makes enough for 2 plus leftovers (based on what Gary eats!)

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Please post below!