Sunday, May 10, 2009

Potato Zucchini Carrot Pancakes

When I saw this recipe pop up in my reader, I new I had to try it. We’re both suckers for great potato recipes, and this was indeed a great recipe.

The original post mentioned she omitted the carrots, but I replaced one of the zucchini with carrots and it was great. This is great as a side or as a replacement for potato only hash browns.

I wasn’t able to squeeze this as dry as I would like, but if you want to keep it crispy, I do recommend getting as much of the liquid out as possible. I think I’m going to have to invest in some cheesecloth or something sooner or later.

potato zucc carrot pancake

Potato-Zucchini Pancakes
Adapted from: Culinary Infatuation

Ingredients:
3 medium red potatoes shredded and squeezed dry 
1 medium zucchini shredded and squeezed dry
1 carrot shredded and squeezed dry
2 eggs beaten 
3 Tbsp AP flour
1/2 and onion finely chopped or (1/2 a cup)
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
Canola oil

Directions:
Put shredded potato, zucchini and carrot in a medium sized bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.

Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the canola oil (enough to cover the bottom of the skillet).

Scoop out about 1/3 cup (or more if you want them larger) and put in pan. Flatten with a spatula and let cook until crispy on that side (about 4 minutes).

1 comment :

  1. A great change from the usual side dish!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Please post below!