Monday, May 11, 2009

Chicken Sausage Stew

I saw some chicken sausages on sale at the supermarket, and I bought 2 flavors to try out. I got the sweet Italian and the sweet apple. They’re fully cooked, so all I had to do was heat them up in the pan.

Since I don’t eat pork sausages, I found this to be a good alternative. I liked it because it felt lighter and than even turkey sausages. Gary didn’t like it as much as I did. He thought it tasted odd. He’s fine with turkey sausages, but I guess chicken is going a little bit to far… I still have to try the sweet apple flavor. Hopefully he finds that better tasting than the sweet Italian flavor.

chicken sausage stew

Chicken Sausage Stew

Ingredients:
olive oil
1 onion, halved and sliced
1 package of Italian Style chicken sausages, casings removed
1 carrot, grated
1 tomato, diced
1/2 cup dry white wine
salt and pepper to taste
pinch paprika
1/2 cup frozen sweet peas

Directions:
Add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of a pan. Add onions and cook for a few minutes. Break chicken sausages into chunks and add into the pan.

Add in diced tomato and carrot. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until sausages are heated through.

Add in wine, seasonings and peas. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.

Remove from heat, serve over rice.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Please post below!