Wednesday, May 13, 2009

White Chocolate Orange Cranberry Cookies

Here’s another batch of cookies I made for my mom and aunts. I also brought a few over for Gary’s family when we went over for a mother’s day bbq.

These cookies are so good! I’m glad I gave them away, otherwise I would have sat there and ate the whole batch in one sitting. These are refreshing with the hint of orange flavor. I love the orange and chocolate combo.

The only change I made was reducing the amount of nuts to 1/2 cup and adding a cup of dried cranberries to the batter.

white choco cranberry cookies

White Chocolate Orange Cranberry Cookies
Adapted from: All Recipes

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon orange zest
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups white chocolate chips
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and orange zest. Stir the flour, baking soda, and salt together; mix into the creamed mixture. Stir in the white chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, and cranberries. Drop tablespoonfuls of dough onto ungreased baking sheets.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

3 comments :

  1. These are so beautiful and sound addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came upon these cookies at foodgawker and wanted to drop by and say they look delicious. Love the flavor combination too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Please post below!