Friday, May 25, 2012

Spinach Potato Salad


Although these past few days have been rain filled spring weather, today marks the unofficial start of summer. While the official day doesn't start for another few weeks, people have already started their barbecues early this year!

We started a few weeks ago when the weather shot up to an unseasonable 80+ degrees. One of my favorite things to eat at a barbecue are actually the sides believe it or not. Since I don't eat too much red meat, I'm normally limited to grilled chicken and load up on sides.

One night, I was looking in my pantry and had a few odd and ends ingredients to use up. This recipe used up all my eggs, potatoes, and spinach! I decided to combine it all into this dish and it came out great! Although I didn't really measure the ingredients, I added mustard and mayo to taste, and that's about how much I used. Now with the weather warming up, this would be a great dish to add to your next cookout menu as well!


Spinach Potato Salad
a cathy's kitchen journey original recipe





ingredients:
  • 4 medium russet potatoes (or an equivalent amount of red potatoes)
  • one big handful baby spinach
  • 2 heaping TBSP mayo
  • 1 tsp spicy brown mustard
  • 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
  • salt and pepper to taste

directions:
  1. Scrub the potatoes clean, peel if desired. Cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
  2. Steam in a pot with water for about 15 minutes, or until fork tender.
  3. Remove from heat, transfer to a large bowl and immediately add the spinach to wilt slightly. Mix in the remaining ingredients.
  4. Cool in the fridge before serving.
Yield: 4 servings


Pin It

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Please post below!