Friday, February 10, 2012

Potato Sausage Breakfast Scramble


Most weekends, I try to make something new for breakfast or dinner. I don't have much time on weeknights, so it's my time to experiment. Sometimes recipes fail, but this one was definitely a success.

I received this breakfast scramble for the recipe swap and I knew Gary would love it too. We're huge fans of potatoes (the theme of the swap) as well as the eggs and sausage. We've made similar breakfasts using the same type of ingredients, but I don't recall ever scrambling everything together.

Since we don't eat pork, I used some fresh turkey sausages for this. The links I bought were in a 1lb package, so I used half. I also used two potatoes instead of one, well, because one just didn't seem like enough. In the end, Gary asked for more, so this was definitely a hit!

Remember to check out Sarah's blog for the full roundup of potato recipes, including my submission of sweet potato chili! Yes, sweet potato counts!


Potato Sausage Breakfast Scramble
recipe by cathy's kitchen journey
adapted from Cooking for Fun





ingredients:
  • 1 TBSP oil
  • 8 oz turkey sausages, casings removed
  • 2 potatoes
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • shredded cheese, optional

directions:
  1. In a large skillet over medium high heat, add oil and brown sausage, breaking it up as it cooks.
  2. Add potatoes and onion to the pan, and add a splash of water. Cover and cook about 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
  3. Move sausage and potato mixture to one side, add egg to the empty side of the pan and scramble. Gradually mix into the sausage mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  4. If adding cheese, add now and cover until melted. Transfer to bowls and serve.
Yield: 2 servings


Pin It

1 comment :

  1. Yum! This sounds fantastic and I love that it's an easy breakfast that cooks in one pan.

    Thanks for being part of the recipe swap!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Please post below!