Made by: Gary
I mentioned to Gary I had a craving for Loco Moco, a local Hawaiian dish. It's packed with calories, but oh so yummy. This is a hearty breakfast dish that is served in Hawaii.
(This picture reminds me of Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants.)
You can make it however you like, with your own spices.
1 cup uncooked white rice
1/2 lb ground turkey (or beef, I usually use turkey)
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
gravy (prepared or made from scratch)
For the Gravy:
1 can beef broth
dash of Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp cornstarch
1. Add the rice and water to the pot and cook.
2. Combine the ground turkey, onion, garlic, and S&P. Mix well. Shape into 2 patties. Cook in a frying pan until well done. (cook to your liking with ground beef)
3. Fry an egg sunny side up on low-medium heat.
4. In a saucepan, heat up beef broth with Worcestershire sauce, adding cornstarch to thicken.
5. Assemble in this order: 1 scoop of rice, steak patty, egg, top with gravy.