Adapted from: Clumbsy Cookie
Made by: Cathy
I had 1 ripe banana, and I didn't know what to do with it. I searched "banana" in my google reader, and most of the recipes called for multiple bananas. I saw Clumbsy Cookie's Banana Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies and thought I should try it. On my way home, I was thinking about what else I can pair with the banana. I was thinking nutella, but the recipe already called for chocolate chips. I thought that would be overkill. So I thought, PEANUT BUTTER! The original recipe did have a modification of peanut butter chips, I didn't have that, but I did have plenty of peanut butter.
8 tbsp butter (1/2 cup or 1 stick), softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup AP flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 banana, sliced
15 teaspoons peanut butter (give or take)
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla.
4. Mix in dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop mounds of dough to the cookie sheet. Using the back of the scoop, make a dent in the top for the banana slice.
6. Place a slice of banana, then place about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter on top of the banana slice.
7. Scoop another dough ball, flatten and mound on top. You should have a big dough ball now.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Makes approximately 15 giant cookies.
These were so good. I couldn't resist and ate one right out of the oven.
ooey gooey banana peanut buttery goodness :)