Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sweet Potato Pie



I was procrastinating making the sweet potato pie since Monday. I had to make it now, otherwise, my crust wouldn't be good anymore. I premade my crust on Monday, thinking I was going to make it then. I finally got a chance to make it today.

It was pretty easy. I like sweet potatoes by itself already, and I already knew I liked sweet potato pie. I had a 3lb bag of sweet potatoes from BJ's. I boiled 3 good sized sweet potatoes and made an extra for me to snack on.


Recipe from: All Recipes


Ingredients:
1 (1 pound) sweet potato
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust (recipe here)

1. Boil sweet potato whole in skin for 40 to 50 minutes, or until done. Run cold water over the sweet potato, and remove the skin.
2. Break apart sweet potato in a bowl. Add butter, and mix well with mixer. Stir in sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Pie will puff up like a souffle, and then will sink down as it cools.


This was definitely easier than the pumpkin pie I made early this week. Cutting the pumpkin in half was hard work. I had to whip out the heavy butcher's knife. This was much simpler with just peeling the sweet potatoes.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Please post below!