One that I started to use was the Progressive Salad spinner. It reminds me of the spin cycle of a washing machine. I pull the trigger and it spins and all the water gets pulled to the sides. I found it loads of fun, but then again, it doesn't take much to amuse me :). I got this one because I couldn't pay the $30 for the OXO brand. I'm not going to abuse this thing, so I think it's ok for me.
My other kitchen purchases this weekend:
- A new cookie scoop! I wore out my plastic cookie scoop from Target. Now I have a grown up metal one from Martha Stewart.
- A cake froster. No more huge knife to frost cakes! Also from Martha Stewart.
- An avocado slicer. I used to look at this and think it was another gadget to waste space, but if I'm going to making sushi rolls regularly, this is a timesaver.
- A silicone bundt cake pan in red. I'm wondering if I should make the pumpkin shaped cake I saw on kraftfoods.com. It looks so easy.
- Halloween cookie cutters. I looked for these everywhere. I finally found the shapes I wanted and for a decent price at Kohl's.
- The OXO measuring cup I've wanted forever. Again, it's the little things that make me happy.
- A spice rack! Finally! I got a 16 spice rack from Kohl's. I replaced the spices I didn't need with ones I have already. My project with this is to make nice labels to replace the existing ones. It looks so snug and comfy in my cabinet.
- I also got a sweater and pants for work. But that’s a different blog...