Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Chocolate Chip Pecan Blondies


I just realized that I've been making a lot of bar treats to share. It's just that it's so darn easy to make and share treats this way. Lots easier than waiting for each batch of drop cookies to bake for sure! This blondie recipe is no different in terms of a quick bar treat. This was super easy to make and took no time at all. The tough part was waiting for them to cool before slicing and devouring!

I made these the morning of the day some friends came over to hang out. It was a nice get together. They brought lunch, so I provided some treats and desserts. This was one of the desserts I made for everyone.

After I transferred the contents into my pan, I realized I didn't add any baking soda. I read and re-read the directions probably 10 times until I saw in the comments that there was no leavening needed. Because of that, the bars came out all even and level. It and a very nice caramel taste from the butter and sugar, and the pecans provided a nice crunch. To me, it was sweet, but not too overly sweet that it left a sugar aftertaste and headache. My brother ate 2 pieces and he's not a huge sweets fan!

I did cut this into 12 pieces, thinking that the 16 pieces would be too small, and 9 would be too big. I thought they were the perfect size for adults, but I would cut them smaller if serving to kids.


Chocolate Chip Pecan Blondies
made by cathy's kitchen journey
adapted from Once Upon a Chef





ingredients:
  • 8 TBSP (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup all purpose flour (spooned into measuring cups, then leveled off)
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans

directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, beat melted butter with sugars until well combined, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla.
  3. On low speed, mix in flour and salt until just blended, do not overmix. Gently stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 23-25 minutes, until top is lightly golden and toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean. Set pan on a wire rack and let cool completely. Transfer the blondies to a cutting board and cut into 12-16 squares, or to desired size.
Yield: 12-16 servings


Pin It

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Please post below!