Friday, October 30, 2009

Velvet Vampire Punch

As I mentioned earlier, I was in charge of making the punch for the Halloween Party at work. I guess I impressed them enough the first time I made a punch for a company party.

I found many recipes for Halloween punches, but it was hard to choose just one. There were some extremely gross ones, but since I would have a limited kitchen, I had to find something easier to make. I saw this recipe, but it didn’t include an image. It didn’t sound too gruesome looking but it was the right color and perfect for the occasion.

velvet vampire punch

I left the lychee eyeballs on the side on a plate as an optional garnish for the punch. You can see mine floating in there.

Also, this recipe includes a crazy amount of alcohol, but the taste is masked by the juice. Don’t let the flavor fool you though, it’s some strong stuff!

Velvet Vampire Punch
adapted from: Devine Dinner Party
printable recipe

ingredients:
1 can (12 oz.) frozen cranberry juice concentrate, partially thawed
1 can (6 oz.) frozen orange juice concentrate , partially thawed
1 can (6 oz.) frozen pineapple juice concentrate (I couldn’t find this, so I used orange pineapple juice)
1 C. freshly squeezed lemon juice (I used bottled)
2 C. brandy
2 bottles (750 mL each) Champagne, chilled

directions:
Prepare (dilute) juice concentrates according to the package directions. Combine.

Add lemon juice and brandy. Chill until cold.

Pour chilled juice mixture into your serving bowl. Pour in the champagne. Serve.

I doubled this to make a little over 3 gallons of punch.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Please post below!