Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Mock Shake n Bake Chicken

Made by: Cathy
Entry for: December Tasty Tools


We grew up eating Chinese food, so our fried chicken usually just had a flour coating that my mom would whip up and fried in wok. It was tasty, but a little too messy for me. I love fried foods, and I was thinking what I could do to jazz up some chicken drumsticks. I suddenly thought of shake n bake. I never had Shake n Bake when I was a kid. I didn't know what the ingredients were, so I wiki'd it, :). It seemed simple enough, so I tried it.

Ingredients:
2 chicken drumsticks (skinned if desired)
3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup oil

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place a roasting rack on top of the foil. Spray the rack with cooking spray.
2. In a gallon plastic zip bag, combine all the dry ingredients. Shake to mix well.
3. Add the oil and shake again until it resembles crumbles.
4. Clean and pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
5. Add the chicken to the bag and shake to coat well, using your hands to coat as needed.


6. Transfer to the rack. Bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes, or until juice runs clear.

I really liked this. It's a great alternative to fried chicken. It should also work with panko crumbs or flour.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Please post below!