Monday, December 22, 2008

White Chocolate Cranberry Raisin Oatmeal Cookies

Adapted from: Bake Me More
Made by: Cathy and Carol

Oatmeal cookies can very well be one of my favorite cookies. Gary is always asking me to make him oatmeal raisin cookies, as well as my grandma. I would make it for my grandma because I don't see her that often, but for Gary...well that would be really boring if I only made that everyday.

If I was given the opportunity to jazz up a plain old oatmeal cookie, of course I would! This was the perfect holiday cookie with all the festive ingredients. This was my favorite cookie out of the many we made this year.



Ingredients:
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
2 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1 tbsp oil
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3 cups oatmeal
1 cup raisins
6 oz white chocolate chips or chunks (I used a 10oz bag of swirled white chips)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup packed coconut, toasted

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Once heated, toast coconut till lightly browned, remove and set aside to cool. (I heated it in a pan on my stove top)
2. In your mixing bowl using the paddle attachment cream sugars and butter. Add in eggs, vanilla and oil. Stir until smooth.
3. In separate large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients (flour through coconut) and mix well with fork.
4. Gradually combine the dry ingredients to the wet. Batter will be thick.
5. Use a tablespoon size cookie scoop to prepare evenly sized cookies and place at least two inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown. The centers will still be pale and moist. Cool cookies on cookie sheets until the center is set. Cool completely and serve.

Makes 5 dozen cookies.

The original recipe yielded 3 dozen. I was able to get 5 dozen out of this batter! We didn't really taste the coconut, so for next time I will add another 1/4 cup of that (already adjusted in the recipe). I love how the red and green white morsels gave it such a colorful look.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Please post below!