Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Chicken Teriyaki

What happens when I ask Gary what he put in a dish?

Gary: “I dunno…some of this, some of that. I did it like that.”
Me: “Like what?”
Gary: “Like that. I don’t know how to explain it”
Me: “Argh! How am I supposed to blog about it like that??”

Anywho…I think I finally got it out of him. This should be more or less the recipe he used. He got it from his Personal Cooking game for the DS. He made this a few times before it actually came out right, but at least he tried, and finally made something edible. I think he used the original recipe as a loose guideline and adapted it to his taste from there.

chicken teriyaki

Chicken Teriyaki
Inspired from: Personal Trainer Cooking by Nintendo DS

Ingredients:
2 boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch strips
1-2 tbsp cooking oil

Marinade:
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp. mirin
1 Tbsp. rice wine

Sauce:
1 1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. mirin
1 Tbsp. rice wine

Directions:
1. Cut up the chicken into 1" wide strips. Place in bowl. Add in the marinade ingredients. Mix well and let sit and marinate for 15-20 minutes.

2. Coat a wok or stir fry pan with oil. Remove chicken from marinade and place in the wok. Discard marinade. Stir for 2-3 minutes. Add in sauce ingredients. Continue to mix. Cover and cook until most of the sauce has evaporated.

So, Gary left the spatula in the wok while he covered it. He said it helps the liquid evaporate faster. It seems kind of unorthodox to me…but whatever works.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Please post below!