Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Chilean Sea Bass in Black Bean Garlic Sauce

Chalk it up for another tried and true recipe from my parents. This was one of my favorite fish dishes when I was growing up.

I asked my mom how this dish was made, and she told me how simple it was. I couldn’t believe it. I was like, “that’s it??” I’m glad I asked. This tasted just like how I ate it when I was growing up. Yes, we ate fish growing up! We loved it. I don’t think we were as picky eaters as other kids were when we were younger.

Black bean garlic sauce comes in a jar and has all kinds of good stuff in it, so it saves time when making lots of different dishes. I’ve used it in a spare rib tip recipe before, but since I don’t eat pork anymore, I haven’t made it in a while. But, here it is in a fish recipe.

sea bass

Chilean Sea Bass in Black Bean Garlic Sauce
Adapted from: my parents

Ingredients:
1 lb sea bass steak (I had a little over a lb)
1-2 Tbsp. cooking oil
1 inch piece of ginger
1 Tbsp. black bean garlic sauce
1 tsp. soy sauce

Directions:
1. Cut up the fish into chunks about 1-2 inches in size. Peel and cut the ginger into matchstick pieces.

sea bass cuts

2. Heat a wok with oil. Add the fish and ginger. Sauté for about 2 minutes. Add the garlic sauce and soy sauce and mix well.

3. Cook for about 3-5 minutes while continue to toss. The fish is done when the middle of the largest piece is opaque. (I usually cut the biggest piece in half to see whether or not it’s done.)

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Please post below!